Mother’s Day can be a bittersweet holiday for those of us who’ve lost our moms. It’s an occasion to remember the bond we shared, but can also be a painful annual reminder of what’s been lost.
Between us and together, Claire Bidwell Smith and I have helped thousands of women explore the long-term effects of mother loss and face recurring events. Our free, one-hour video call on May 6th is open to anyone who’s facing Mother’s Day without a mother and would like support and community as the holiday approaches.
Join us on May 6 at 10 a.m. PST/ 1 p.m. EST We’ll offer suggestions for how to spend the day and answer viewer questions.
On the call we’ll:
- Discuss why Mother’s Day often triggers feelings of sadness and longing for mothers no longer living
- Explain how the long-term grief process works
- Offer tips for managing Mother’s Day weekend without a mother
- Create a pop-up community of women who understand
- Answer questions from listeners.
We hope you’ll join us for the hour! (If you can’t make it for the live call, we will send you the recording). And you are welcome to email your questions ahead of time.
To sign up and receive call-in information, please click here.